Our safety record is second to none and our commitment to our people is clear. We will ensure that so far as practicably reasonable we will ensure that we provide a safe workplace for our staff.
GMS recognises its moral and legal responsibilities, to provide a safe environment for workers, customers, and members of the public. These responsibilities extend to ensuring that GMS operations do not place the community, at risk of injury, illness or property damage, as well as ensuring the preservation of the surrounding environment as per legislation.
- Provide a safe workplace.
- Provide and maintain safe plant & equipment.
- Maintain a safe system of work within their workplace or under their control.
- Provide written procedures to ensure safe systems are implemented.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current relevant standards.
- Provide workers with regular information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure their safety.
- Monitor the health of the workers and keep records.
- Take reasonable care for their own health and others around them.
- Cooperate with the employer in regard to health and safety matters.
- Alert their supervisors when work procedures, practices are not adhered and hazard conditions are identified.
Our Safety Management System has been developed in accordance with Australian Standard and takes a risk based approach to the identification and treatment of safety hazards.